Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wherefore yet another blog?

Why start yet another blog? I already write a trailrunning blog-- what need have I (or the world) for another?

I have thought about starting this blog for a while. I am currently in a doctorate program at UC Davis, and I discovered last year when I started my trailrunning blog (one year ago today, to be precise!) that I do much more writing and I sharpen my talents more if I think someone besides myself might read what I have written. (Even if no one else reads it, I will craft the sentences with slightly more care, thinking a reader--any reader--is paying attention.)

I am passionate about many things-- education, justice, kindness, personal growth-- the list goes on. I will use this space to explore the connections between all these ideas, and if it becomes a space for others to connect on the same topics, so much the better. I am also interested in exploring different tools to explore these areas, and I know if I don't "have" to publish something, I won't.

So welcome, gentle reader, whomever you might be. May these writings (mine and anyone who feels inspired to comment) create more connection in our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment